my little masterpiece

9 January 2012







Just a quick post purely to show off my 21st Birthday Cake. As I mentioned in the last post I wanted to make my own two-tiered zebra print cake. It's probably one of the hardest things I've (ever) done haha and I estimated around 20 man hours went in to it! There was 26 eggs in the sponge and 5kg of fondant icing! That's a lot of cake! Luckily I had lots of friends and family around to give it away to and I'm taking 22 slices in for everyone at work tomorrow.

I'll post a proper post about my birthday soon, I'm currently gearing myself up for starting full-time work from tomorrow onwards. I think it's going to take a bit of getting used too after 6 weeks of doing basically nothing (well nothing important) and being a lazy student before that!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goooood, you made that cake yourself?? That is completely amazing, I wish I could bake like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Summer, I don't know how I did it either lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing! Absolutely beautiful! 26 eggs?!! What a treat. Lovely little blog x

    ReplyDelete