key to the door

14 January 2012

Well it looks like I've finally got round to writing about my 21st birthday last weekend. I started full-time work on tuesday and this week has just been so mad. I've no idea how I'm going to fit running, blogging, baking and any other hobbies into my new schedule but I'll be doing my best.


Onto my birthday, I had the most ahmaaazing birthday ever and I'm not just showing off. My family along with my fiance's family spent the weekend in the Lake District in a gorgeous hotel (think lake view and roaring fire - perfect). It was jam-packed with walking, pottering round shops, swimming, eating and of course drinking.


I was spoilt with lots of presents too, the highlights being the Kenwood mixer from Alex's family, quilted navy coat from Alex (okay I helped him), this sewing box from my Godparents, money for driving lessons and one very special present from my parents still to come - this bangle, gold plated with a little message engraved on the inside - I can't wait for it to arrive!


Me, my Gran and my future Gran-in-law


Swimming in the hotel pool

Room 21 <3

Feeling like a princess


My lovely parents

Demonstrating new walking boots

All of us
There's only one thing I'd change if I could and that's for my brother and sister-in-law to have been there but I'll be seeing them for the first time in 14 months in 3 weeks - excited is not the word! :D


1 comment:

  1. Happy 21st! Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday xx

    ReplyDelete