our york mini-break

16 September 2012

It's been a few weeks now but I thought I'd share a few of my favourite photos from mine and Alex's little break in York. We stayed in a gorgeous hotel called The Mount Royale which I would highly recommend. We only paid for a standard double but they upgraded us to one of their best suites with this huuuuge bed and a dressing room all to myself! Totally a dream come true!
We had a great few days, mostly eating and drinking but also exploring York and Whitby too. I spent a lot of my childhood/teenage holidays in Whitby - especially when I was going through my goth years (!) so it was nice to go back. The Harbour and the Old Town are so pretty - if you haven't been I'd definitely recommend a visit. 

















(Alex would like everyone to think I spent much of the holiday on my phone which I did not!)


The hotel had a lovely outdoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna/steam room and these are the robes they give you to toddle down the garden in!



On the last day we went to the National Railway Museum and then for a drink in the train station's excellent pub - The Tap. 



Have you ever been to York or Whitby? What did you think?


7 comments:

  1. how beautiful does that hotel room look!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway (click one page back) to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I went to York university and I miss the place so much. It's a beautiful city. I live Whitby too, but it's been a while since I visited. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Whitby a couple of times when I was little :)
    Me and the other half went to York for a weekend away last October and stopped at Hotel 53, we went to the top of the Minster while we there, also did the railway museum (which we didn't appreciate as much as other people would unfortunately!), did a horror tour at night, did the dungeons and on the last night we did a moonlight riverboat cruise at Kings Staith which we loved! We're going again at the October and plan to look round the Minster this time, do Bettys tea rooms and the riverboat cruise again, we're undecided on other activities!! But yeah we love love LOVE York, and it's one of the only places I can walk round without getting bothered by people getting in my way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed Bettys Tea rooms because the queues were so huge but next time we'll definitely go! The afternoon tea looked amazing!
      The Life of Emily-Alice

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! York looks great! Never been but it looks worth a visit!

    love your blog just came across it! now following

    xx

    http://thebigburd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to York with Scott in June, I love it! I used to visit it lots as my friend went to Uni there.

    ReplyDelete