Tale as old as time

4 November 2013

Wow, it's been so long since I last posted. This summer has been a strange one. I graduated in July and since then have spent my time putting off applying for graduate jobs... That's a lie - I did spent quite a bit of time applying for jobs but it has taken me a long time to get anywhere so I perhaps wasn't as efficient as I should have been. I did go to a few music festivals and spent time with my family but, due to a distinct lack of funds, this summer has felt like a bit of a non-event.

The good news is I now have a real job in the real world! It's a bit strange being out of the student bubble but I feel like my life is actually going somewhere now (dramatic much). Okay so I haven't hit my first pay-day yet but I'm feeling more like a real human being who works and gets paid and whatnot.

Hence why I thought I'd fire up the old blog again. I know there are bloggers out there who write whilst living on a limited budget and I'm not saying you can't but I'm a very materialistic person and I didn't quite feel like myself when I didn't have any pennies to spend on the things I love. And not feeling like myself meant my creative juices weren't particularly.. flowing...!

So I'll stop rambling now and get to what this post was meant to be about - Halloween! I love Halloween. In my High-School and College years I was always the one who threw the Halloween parties but at university it became more about club nights. But now we're a little more grown up Alex and I decided to throw our first Halloween house-party in our own home.

I think I enjoyed putting up the decorations, carving pumpkins and making cupcakes almost as much as the party itself!


Beauty and The Beast



Halloween Cupcakes - these disappeared in a flash!


And now I've got that excited feeling... if Halloween is over and Bonfire night is tomorrow then that means Christmas is just around the corner! 


5 comments:

  1. Those Halloween cupcakes look so yummy x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog!:)

    would you like to follow each other? via GFC and on Facebook too:) just let us know on our blog, we always follow back:)

    xx,

    thescarletdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress and the graduation cup cakes in your last post look amazing! :D <3

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cupcakes color :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete